Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I don't need sex: life fucks me whenever it can

So I am finally able to go back to the apartment 72 hours later. I get there and room mates not there. Fine with me, I hate her. So I walk in and there is a pile of my stuff in front of my (locked, thank GOD) bedroom door, including 3 posters I had in the living room, a plant stand, and my beloved larger-than-life ceramic cat. I put it all in my room, and continue to make sure everything else is in my room as well (my DVDs, DVD player, everything from the bathroom, etc) and then lock myself in til my next class starts. I hear room mate and room mate's bitchiest friend come in and stuff shuffling around. A couple hours later I am ready to leave for the weekend so I walk out and my coffee table and a pile of the rest of my stuff (not the microwave I noticed) is sitting right outside my door...can't even get out...and room mate and bitch are watching TV.

Me: "Room mate, are you REALLY going to do this?"
Room mate: "Just helping you put all your stuff in your room like you wanted."
Me: "Are you kidding?! I got back and you had a pile of my shit in front of my door!!"
Room mate: "That was just stuff I didn't like."
Me: "Dammit I can put whatever I want in here...I LIVE HERE! I PAY RENT!"
Room mate: "You still owe me $160 for rent."
Me: Speechless

Let me explain about the rent.

Room mate's parents pay her rent (coughspoiledbratcough) and room mate's mom doesn't have a bank account. Room mate's dad lets room mates mom keep my half of the rent money and then they just write the check to the landlord. So I had wanted to write checks but since room mates mom and room mate both don't have bank accounts, I paid in cash. Stupid, trusting, dumbass me. Should not have done that. So about two weeks before all of this happened I had given room mate $310...my rent for October. She kept half, gave the other half to her parents, and said I would pay the rest later when I had it. So I call room mates dad after I leave and try to work it out with him, saying I have a bank statement that says I took $310 out of my account on that day, and why would i only give room mate half if I had it all? No proof, just logic. Room mate's dad says he will just pay it, but I don't think he believes me, still.

So what does she do with said $160 that I basically gave her? Buys a new pair of shoes and a bunch of aderall, stays up all night with loud friends snorting it off my coffee table. And when I say all night, I mean until 7 in the morning. I know this because I couldn't sleep the whole time. They are very loud.

At this point I begin to think that moving to this town was an epic failure in the life of me.

No comments: